The Institute of Microelectronics Technology Problems and High Purity Materials of the Russian Academy of Sciences started to form in 1982 — 1983 as a department of the Institute of Solid State Physics. On January 1, 1984 it obtained the status of an Institute.
The Institute was set the tasks of carrying fundamental research in the field of physics of microelectronics and properties of micro- and nanoobjects, development of methods for testing and characterization of microstructures, designing new technological processes of microstructurization, and search for and fabrication of new materials for microelectronics. To this end, provisions were made for small-scale production of high-purity materials and technological equipment.
Structure of IMT RAS:
- X-ray Optics Department
- Spectroscopy of Magnetics Materials
- Physics of Semiconductor Microstructures
- Local Characterization of Semiconductor Materials
- Quantum Electron Kinetics of Metallic Nanostructures (QEKMNS)
- Computional Diagnostic Laboratory
- Laboratory of Epitaxial Structures
Other institution names:
- Institute for Problems of Technology and Microelectronics, Academy of the Sciences of the USSR