The SPhT has currently about fifty permanent physicists, of whom about two thirds are researchers from the CEA and one third from the CNRS. The laboratory also hosts a number of associates, postdocs and visitors and about ten young researchers preparing their Ph.D.s. The activity of the laboratory relies on about ten support staff (documentation, computing and administration).
Structures and Models.
- Quantum Chaos and Dynamical Systems,
- Combinatorial Statistical Physics,
- Conformal Field Theories, Matrix Models and Integrable Systems,
- String Theory and Quantum Gravity.
Particle Physics and Astrophysics:
- Standard Model and beyond,
- Cosmology et Astroparticules,
- Quantum Chromodynamics,
- Hadronic Physics and Nuclear Physics.
Statistical Physics and Condensed Matter:
- Disordered Systems and out of Equilibrium Systems,
- Quantum Systems and Condensed Matter,
- Soft Matter and Biological Systems,
- Fluid Dynamics.
Other institution names:
- Institut de Physique Théorique