Zavoisky Physical Technical Institute (ZPhTI) of the Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences is one of the leading world scientific centers in the field of magnetic radiospectroscopy.
The institute was established in August 1945. Nikolai Grigoryevich Chebotarev, corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Science was appointed its first director. In 1946 this post was taken over by Professor Khamid Muzafarovich Mushtari. From 1978 to 1988 the institute was headed by Professor Maksut Mukhamedzyanovich Zaripov. Since March 1988 the institute is headed by Professor Kev Minullinovich Salikhov, corresponding member the Russian Academy of Sciences, academician of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences.
The formation and development of scientific investigations in the ZPhTI are closely associated with the discovery of electron paramagnetic resonance by Evgeny Konstantinovich Zavoisky in 1944. E. K. Zavoisky was one of the first research fellows in the institute. Although he worked in the institute for a short time only, he had never lost contact with it throughout his life, influencing the formation of directions of research.
Other institution names:
Zavoisky Physical Technical Institute of Kazan Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences