The Specialized Educational Scientific Center on Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology of Novosibirsk State University was established in accordance with the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the USSR no. 1241 that was approved on the 21 of November, 1988. It was found on the base of the Novosibirsk academician Michail A. Lavrentiev High School of Physics and Mathematics no. 165.
The SESC of NSU occupies four buildings: a study building for 540 persons, two hostels for 540 persons, a dining hall for 140 persons. The buildings are under the jurisdiction of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The School has a complete staff of professors and tutors. There are 50 permanent teachers and 152 part-time teachers from research institutes of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The SESC faculty includes 15 doctors and 65 candidates of sciences.
Fron the foundation the School has granted more than 10000 school-leaving certificates to students, 36 persons has got golden medals and 213 — silver ones.