The University was founded in 1942 as a Higher Technical School. In 1945 it was transformed into a State Polytechnic. In 1953 the Polytechnic was divided into several institutes one of them being the Institute of Civil Engineering. Since 1977 the institute is renamed Higher Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering (VIAS). In 1990 by a decision of its General Assembly the Institute was renamed University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG), the official accreditation being voted by the Parliament on 21 July 1995. On 15.11.2001 received institutional accreditation.
Источник информации: http://www.uacg.bg
The 5 faculties – Architecture, Structural Engineering, Hydrotechnics, Geodesy and Transportation Engineering, including 33 departments offer the following degree programmes: Architecture, Urbanism, Structural Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering (Hydraulic Structures, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering), Water Supply and Sewerage, Transportation Engineering and Geodesy. The duration of study, incl. the time for preparation and defence of diploma thesis is 10 semesters for the engineering programmes and 11 semesters for Architecture. Furthermore, in the Free Faculty each student or professional may pursue additional 5-semester programmes on Construction Company Management, International Economic Relations, Entrepreneurship and Law in the International Business, Computerised Information Processing, Computer-Aided Design, Translation of Specialised Literature, and Land and Property Management.