A. P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems (IIS) was founded
in April 1990. In September 1997 it became a part of the United Institute of Computer Science.
Now the work performed in the IIS covers each of the following research areas:
- theoretical background of computer science;
- methods and tools of constructing reliable and efficient programs;
- artificial intelligence systems;
- software and application packages for new computers, systems and networks;
- The Institute consists of six laboratories and a number of supporting divisions, the information service with A. P. Ershov Memorial Library including.
- Laboratory of Theoretical Programming
VLSI CAD Laboratory;
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory;
- Mixed Computation Laboratory;
- Laboratory of Systems Programming;
- Program Construction and Optimization Laboratory;
- Group of Portable Software.
Techinical and research supporting
- Technical support group;
- Information Technologies dept.;
- Research organisational dept.